We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,Minerva McGonagall
- "Come ooonn, I’m really hungry! You’re the one supposed to feed me."
- "Do you ever think what it’d be like if we had the same marks? If it were you and me?"
- "Do you love me? And not because you’re supposed to."
- "Do you think I’ll ever find it? The one with a mark on their arm saying they have to be with me?"
- "Do you think there’s more than one? More than one soulmate for each one?"
- "Do you think sex with a soulmate could ever be better than this? Because I doubt it."
- "Get out of work? Just tell them your soulmate needs you."
- "God, I love you so much. I know what I said before, but you’re everything I think about, everything I want, I don’t wanna turn my back on this. I don’t care what a piece of paper says or doesn’t. I’d still want this, you, if it didn’t say a thing."
- "Hell, no! You get that erased right now! It’s not me!”
- "I can’t believe you’re it. From all the people- You can’t be. I hate you."
- "I got your letter. I know we never talked before, but you sent your number and… Do you think we can meet? And yes, it’s your name too."
- "I know I always say I don’t want to know, I don’t want to get it, the marker, but knowing for sure there’s someone out there for you, no matter what… I can’t say it isn’t tempting.”
- "I know you’re horny. I can literally feel it. And it’s not helping me focus at all. So can’t you deal with it?”
- "I know neither of us have markers, but I’m pretty sure they’d be glowing right now if we did."
- "I know this is not ideal, but I’m willing to try if you are."
- "I know you’re scared, I’m fucking scared too, but this says we got each other for life, that’s gotta be worth something, right?"
- "I thought I’d never find you. Are you scared?"
- "I’m scared as hell. But I still want to go through with it, I want to be able to prove it to anyone, let’s do this, let’s get the markers."
- "If I knew sex could be this amazing, I would have searched the name a long time ago."
- "If someone had warned me I would end up here… I would still have chosen you. I’ll always choose you."
- "It’s me…? Hell, it’s me. It really is me. You’re ruined."
- "Look at it! Don’t turn away. Can you see it? It’s a perfect match. I’m sorry if it sucks that it’s me. But it’s true. You can’t run from this."
- "No! No, it can’t be! That’s not-, no that’s not it… [Name] I can’t be your name… It’s not possible because… You’re not mine."
- "Our chests might not glow, but I would do anything for you, I’d go anywhere, I love you, and if that’s not soulmate material, than I don’t want to find my soulmate."
- "Okay, name one time pretending to be soulmates got us in trouble.”
- "Please don’t ask me to leave. I want you so much it hurts. I never thought it could feel like this."
- "Promise me, promise me you’ll give us a chance before you go and get your mark done. Promise me."
- "So what? Just because a thing on my wrist glows I’m suddenly supposed to rebuild my whole life around you? Please. You’re fucking insane. This is fucking insane. Get the hell out."
- "This is just too hard. This soulmate thing. I know they say I’m your only chance. But I can’t do this. I’m sorry. You’re gonna have to find another way. I can’t be your soulmate."
- "We have to talk… I’ve met him/her. I’ve met the one. I can’t do this, I can’t marry you tomorrow."
- "We’re done. Mark or not mark. We’re done here. Don’t call me."
- "What if it never happens to me? Do you ever get scared about it?"
- "What’s wrong?? I could feel in how much pain you were just now. God, I’m still shaking."
- "Why don’t you ever let me see it? If you have the name already, why can’t you tell me whose is it? I thought we were best friends."
- "Yes, I’m still scared! What if this is just a mistake? What if it passes someday and you don’t love me for me? What will be left then?"
- "Yes, we’re soulmates! I get it, now shut up and fuck me, because I’m pretty sure it’s one of your duties."
- "You know, for someone who’s supposed to be my soulmate, you really need a new wardrobe. Or a new whole taste.”
- "You know sometimes, some people, they don’t ever find a match, right? Do you still want to know?"
- "You’re it okay?? I don’t know how, I don’t know why, all I know is that you’re the only one that will do, it hurts like goddamn hell, and I don’t-I just need you to let me in, please.”
- "You’re my soulmate, I don’t need something telling me that."
- "(Name)? We need to talk… There’s something I have to tell you. Or show you, I guess. Please don’t be mad. I would have never- I’m sorry. But it’s your name. It’s you."
Here’s yet another awesome thing about Japan: Pigeon Mask Parties.
Whether they’re made of feathers or latex, hanging out in the park or at a bar, it’s clear that pigeons love to flock. Did you know that a group of pigeons is called a loft? That means you could also call these gatherings Loft Parties. It sounds like Pigeon Mask code.
- Dated: early 16th century
- Culture: Italian
- Measurements: blade length 57cm (22 1/2 inches)
The sword has a broad flat tapering blade formed with a pair of near full-length shallow fullers and a slender central flat on each face and decorated on each side with pairs of engraved roundels including the figure of Marcus Curtius leaping into the abyss.
The forte us engraved on the respective faces with a panel of scrolling foliage above the Judgement of Paris and a classical triumph. The panels are divided by the central slender flat engraved with the inscription ‘Virtus Omnia Vincit’ (Virtue Conquers All) on one side and ‘In Domino Confido’ (In God I trust) on the other. The forte decoration has traces of original gilding.
The iron hilt comprising arched quillons is engraved with classical profile roundels flanked together by a Pegasus to either side and scrolling renaissance foliage. The shaped tang is enclosed by a pair of gilt panels chased with the inscription ‘Nunquam Potest Non’ and ‘Esse Virtuti Locus’ (there must ever be a place for virtue).
The grip has on each side a shaped ivory panel over a horn fillet (both cracked and chipped, the ivory and horn perhaps later), the former being engraved with a laurel swag, pierced with four holes of differing size and each fitted with a brass collar, and three retaining their tracery rondels on each side (one missing).
The inscription around the tang is a quotation from Lucius Annaeus Seneca’s Medea. The form of the blade is similar to a cinquedea preserved in the Musée de l’ Armée, Paris (inv. no. MA J 34). For related examples see L. G. Boccia & E. T. Coelho 1975, nos. 190-238 and C. Blair 1966.
Source: Copyright © 2014 Thomas del Mar